Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Little About Me

I am a teacher at a high performing charter school in Texas that serves low income students K-4.  In have taught for 14 years in public and charter schools.  This experience has taught me a few things about schools, kids, teachers and parents.  In the last few years I have become a parent myself and now I am wondering about what type of schools and classrooms my kids will be part of when they go to school.  This blog will be about what I have learned as a teacher, what I am struggling with in the classroom and my views on current events in education.  If you have read this far, thank you.  Please post comments and continue the conversation!

1 comment:

  1. Some very valid observations Scott. Like all new technology there is good and bad with all of it. I would not want to give a young child a tablet computer but would let them use mine while I was supervising their use. There is a lot of great uses for tablets and exploring the world together on a rainy day would be fun and educational.

    ReplyDelete